Air Conditioning Problems | Oak Ridge, NC
There are all sorts of things that can go wrong and cause you to have air conditioning problems in your Oak Ridge home. The trick is to try to address minor problems before they can progress into major ones. Taking care of minor repairs is much easier (and less expensive) than dealing with major ones or replacing the entire system. The problem is that even though many homeowners notice the red flags, they don’t always bother to do anything about it.
This head in the sand approach will not fix your cooling system. In fact it is likely to lead to major problems, much sooner. But if your AC unit should stop working completely we want you to be able to know what to do. While it is always a good idea to call in a professional, there are some things you can do before your expert arrives.
Central Air Conditioning Doesn’t Work at All
If you have already double checked to make sure your system is set on cool not heat, then there are other things you can do next.
- Take a look at the main electrical panel – This includes any secondary circuit panels and then make sure you do not have a tripped breaker or blown fuse. If this is the problem then you can reset the breaker or replace the fuse; from there you should still have a pro take a look especially if this has become a common problem.
- Check that the furnace power is on – This includes making sure the outdoor condenser switch is on as well. And have a look at the 240 volt disconnect next to the compressor hasn’t been switched off.
- Switch off the power – Turn off the air conditioner and check the thermostat. You can carefully remove the cover to the thermostat and make sure there are no obvious problems. But if anything seems amiss this is something that is best left to those with training to avoid problems like electrocution.
Call the Right Team
When in doubt, or if you know you need professional help, give the Pro Plumbing Air & Electric team a call. Although air conditioners have changes a great deal since we first started the business in 1920, our dedication to ongoing up-to-date training has not. We can remedy problems other companies can’t even see.
For close to 100 years now we have been providing the Oak Ridge area with the finest in customer service and workmanship in this industry. So if you are ready to work with the finest when it comes to your AC, get in touch with us right away.
Heating, Cooling & Plumbing Services in North Carolina
- Emergency Heating Service
- Heating Repairs
- Heating Installation
- Heating Tune-Up
- Furnace Repairs
- Furnace Replacement
- Boiler Repairs
- Geothermal Heat Pump
- Heat Pump Repairs
- Air Conditioning
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Air Conditioning Repairs
- Air Conditioning Tune-Up
- Emergency AC Service
- Emergency Plumbing Service
- Drain Cleaning
- Sink Installation
- Dishwasher Installation
- Yard Hydrant Installation
- Garbage Disposal Installation
- Gas Line Installation
- Other Various Installations
- Sewer & Water Pipe Replacements
- Faucet Repair
- Water Filtration Systems
- How to Take Care of Your Trinity Air Conditioning
Although you may not always think of the air conditioner in your Trinity home as the most important feature, when […]
- Life or Death Situation: How Emergency Air Conditioning Can help Eliminate Further Problems in Winston Salem Your Household
Many of us do not realize just how vital our cooling systems are to our homes. All too much […]