Avoid Dryer Vent Cleaning Scams
It’s not surprising to see a low flat rate coupon to clean your dryer vents from some companies – even as low as $40!
What may surprise you is how much it’s going to really cost you if you’re not prepared.
Avoid the “Blow-and-Go” scams by doing your research. First, know that according to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, duct cleaning should cost at least $400 (as of 2010) and take 2 people about 4 hours for an average home. Second, knowing this, ask yourself how could someone clean my dryer vents and/or air ducts for as low as $40, or even $100?
Some tactics include persuading you to pay for services you don’t need (sometimes without your approval) or discovering mold and toxic substances (which are most likely false). States and the Better Business Bureau are trying to crack down on these unscrupulous practices. If you’ve seen it, report it to your local BBB.
Not all duct and dryer vent cleaning service companies are trying to scam you – but be prepared. Better yet, turn to your local Camp Hill, NC area BBB Accredited A+ source, Pro Plumbing Air & Electric for expert advice and upfront pricing before any work is started.
Benefits of Having Your Air Ducts Cleaned
Studies show that in a typical six-room home, up to 40 pounds of dust is created each year just through everyday living!
We also generate significant quantities of pollutants and contaminants, potentially including mold and fungi, that are pulled into the HVAC system and recirculated five to seven times per day, causing a buildup of unhealthy elements in the ducts.
Benefits of Pro Plumbing Air & Electric’s Professional Duct Cleaning:
- Healthier living – Reduce harmful contaminants and micro-organisms that build up like mold spores, bacteria, fungus and mildew
- Cleaner living – Reduced dust on furniture, bedding, floors creates better hygiene
- Breathe Easier – Even among the healthiest, dust and pollutants breathed in can trigger sneezing, coughing as well as sinus congestion and other complications
- Remove Unwanted Odors and Smells – Trapped particles in your ducts from things like pets and cooking
- Save money – Ducts, registers and grills that have a heavy build-up of dirt and dust can restrict the air flow from your heating and cooling system. Thus, your system has to work harder costing you more and decreasing its longevity.
Air duct & dryer vent installation is flat-out important to be done by an expert. Choosing the wrong materials, size, layout, and contractor can cause massive problems….quickly.
For example, while the blower in your heating or cooling system is powerful, it's not always powerful enough to efficiently get to all the rooms in your house.
The further away from the unit the duct work gets, you need to reduce the size of the duct thus increasing velocity and reducing monthly costs and stress on your system.
These are the types of things our honest, licensed and expert air duct installation professionals will consult with you - which will benefit you monthly and further down the road.
1Onsite Repairs & Replacements
2Complimentary 2nd Opinion
5Annual Service Plans Available