With the temperatures beginning to drop, homeowners throughout North Carolina are starting to power down their home air conditioners and prepare for the fall and winter ahead. As one of the trusted local HVAC companies near Guilford County, NC, we want all of the homes in the region to stay warm and efficient all season long. That is why we’ve compiled this list of critical furnace problems to keep an eye out for this fall, so you can avoid a costly breakdown this winter.
- A Cracked Heat Exchanger is a serious equipment issue that can be avoided with routine maintenance. Ignoring this problem can potentially allow exhaust to contaminate the indoor air with dangerous levels of carbon monoxide.
- Dirty Filters make your furnace overwork, causing overall system inefficiency which can lead to equipment damage and higher energy costs.
- A Slipped or Frayed Blower Belt would be indicated by a high-pitched squeal that will often result from normal wear and tear. Replacing the belt is relatively inexpensive and can avoid a mid-winter breakdown.
- A Malfunctioning Thermostat can lead to problems with the fan or blower motor and also affect indoor comfort levels. Upgrading an old thermostat can enhance system performance and improve energy efficiency.
- Worn Out Ball Bearings are another serious problem that requires an immediate call to an HVAC technician.
- Frequent Cycling is when your equipment turns on and off frequently and can be a symptom of a variety of problems, which a technician can diagnose.
- Limit Switch Issues force your system to continually run. This can cause drastic increases in energy costs and require professional attention.
Now that you know some of the major furnace problems that homeowners throughout North Carolina face, you should be able to stay ahead of future breakdowns by identifying warning signs early and calling us immediately to take care of them.
Furnace problems are always best when addressed immediately, as ignoring many of these issues can lead to significant equipment damage and noticeably higher home heating costs. We recommend a pre-season heating expectation to identify problems before the cold weather arrives.
If you have yet to schedule your annual heating system inspection with a local HVAC service provider in Davidson County, NC, contact the team at Pro Plumbing Air & Electric today.