Lighting At The Office
There has been a lot of research on what type of lighting should be used in offices in order to create the happiest, most productive work environment. Studies show that the following are common issues due to poor lighting:
- Poor lighting can be detrimental to productivity at work, specifically dim lighting.
- Dim lighting can cause the eyes to be strained and even results in headaches and/or migraines.
- Poor lighting can also lead to drowsiness at work and difficulty maintaining focus and motivation.
- On the contrary, excessively bright, fluorescent lights can also trigger headaches and/or migraines, and employees working in these conditions are found to be less satisfied with their jobs.
Lighting At Home
We all know that poor lighting can cause eye damage especially when reading, but what other effects can poor lighting have on us in our Lexington homes? Insufficient lighting installation at home has been found to:
- Contribute to depression and vitamin D deficiencies
- Negatively affect appetite
- Cause a confused circadian rhythm, mess with your sleep schedules, or make it difficult to find energy throughout the day.
Most significantly, lighting is known to affect circadian rhythms. This means that lighting can contribute to your alertness and awareness in the mornings, or it can entice you to feel tired or keep you up all night. As you might expect, brighter lights are best for mornings and daytime, while dim lights are good in the evenings. Proper lighting is known to improve mood and energy levels.
Make sure you Call Pro Plumbing Air & Electric for all of your lighting installation & maintenance needs in Lexington, NC!
1Onsite Repairs & Replacements
2Complimentary 2nd Opinion
5Annual Service Plans Available